HOPE worldwide BurundiAbout us
HOPE worldwide Burundi is a faith-based relief and development organization, legally registered by the government of Burundi under Registration No.530/956 of 19th July 2005. The organization began its work in the year 2000 and never holds back in fulfilling its mission of changing lives and bringing hope to a hurting world.
HWWB is active in the fields of education, nutrition, health and fight against poverty as it improves lives. It also works with disadvantaged and vulnerable groups especially in neglected or ignored areas.
Hope Worldwide Burundi Challenges
The access to Public University
Among students who finish high school, some are not qualified to join the Public University which is free. Unable to afford private higher education (between $450 and $800 per year) they will be doomed to stop their schooling. They have to look for small jobs that are hard to find and pay poorly.
- Poverty deepens
- The continuous currency devaluation
- The Interior of the country people suffer a lot
- Life in urban area is too expensive
- Individualism of urban families (makes it hard to work on a joint development project)
- Covid 19 has affected many lives of the needy
- Lack of ongoing funding
- Lack of internal funding
- Lack of sufficient operational capabilities
- Lack of sufficient staff